My NGC FAQs
What features are available for "My NGC"?
My NGC account creation not required.
- My Recent Searches: Terms you have recently searched appear on the home page directly below the main search box. Clicking the term will run the search and display up-to-date results for that term.
- My Recently Viewed Guideline Summaries: Guideline summaries you have recently viewed appear on the right side of the home page. Your five most recently viewed summaries are displayed. Clicking a title will display the guideline summary page.
My NGC account creation required.
- Save a Guideline Summary(ies): To save a guideline summary(ies) for viewing later, navigate to a guideline summary page, and click the "Save" link at the top of the summary. If you are not signed-in, you will be prompted to do so. If you are signed-in, the hollow star will turn solid indicating you have saved this summary. The guideline summary will be saved to your My NGC dashboard Saved Summaries tab.
- Guideline Summary Alerts: From the Saved Summaries tab of your My NGC dashboard, you may subscribe to receive weekly e-mail alerts when your saved summary(ies) has been updated or withdrawn from the site.
- Organization Alerts: From the Alerts tab of your My NGC dashboard, you may subscribe to receive weekly e-mail alerts when a new summary(ies) associated with that organization has been published or if one or more summaries associated with that organization have been updated or withdrawn from the site. You may also subscribe to Organization Alerts from the Browse by Organization page and from the New This Week page.
- Topic Alerts: From the Alerts tab of your My NGC dashboard, you may subscribe to receive weekly e-mail alerts when a summary(ies) associated with a particular topic has been published, updated, or withdrawn. The NGC topics have been chosen based on resources such as Healthy People 2020 and relevant content in the NGC database.
- Expert Commentary Alerts: From the Alerts tab of your My NGC dashboard, you may subscribe to receive an alert when a new expert commentary is published to the NGC site. You may also subscribe to Expert Commentary Alerts from the Expert Commentaries page.
How can I sign up for a free account?
You can create an account directly from the home page by clicking the Create a Free Account link. To create an account, enter an e-mail address (required), password (required), password confirmation (required), first name (optional), and last name (optional).
How often are "My NGC" e-mail alerts issued?
E-mail alerts are issued weekly on Monday. Note: You will not receive a My NGC e-mail alert unless there are changes to content where you subscribed. My NGC e-mail alerts will not affect the NGC New This Week e-mail. Should you be subscribed to the New This Week e-mail, you will continue to receive this e-mail separately.
Why can't I find my specific topic of interest in the topics alerts feature?
Topics alerts were chosen based on resources such as Healthy People 2020 and relevant content in the NGC database. We welcome your suggestions for additional topic alerts.
How can I remove My Recent Searches and My Recently Viewed Guideline Summaries from my home page?
In order to remove recent searches and recently viewed summaries, you must clear your cache in your Web browser. In Internet Explorer, click on Tools, then Internet Options, and then click on the General tab. Under Browsing History, click Delete. Note: Make sure "preserve favorites website data" is NOT selected.
How can I opt out of My Recent Searches and My Recently Viewed Guideline Summaries features?
In order to prevent recent searches and recently viewed guideline summaries from being tracked, you must disable cookies in your Web browser. In Internet Explorer, click on Tools, then Internet Options, and then click on the Privacy tab. Next, click on the Advanced button and select the "Override automatic cookie handling" option. Next, block first-party cookies, and click OK. Clear your internet browser cache, close all open browsers, and return to the NGC home page.
Once I create a free account on NGC, am I automatically signed up for a free account on NGC's sister site, National Quality Measures Clearinghouse (NQMC)?
No. You must create a separate account on NQMC; however, the same password may be used for both sites.
Page Last Reviewed or Updated: July 15, 2016